We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Hawthorn is a medicinal plant from which you can successfully make not only tea, but also various delicacies. The beneficial properties of these berries help to tidy up the nervous system, improve sleep and reduce blood pressure. The seedless hawthorn jelly will delight even the most sophisticated gourmet. Such a delicacy will gather the whole family for tea drinking and will attract even those who do not like sweets.
Secrets of making jams, jellies and hawthorn jam
First you need to prepare the hawthorn fruit. They are collected before the first frost, far from roads, businesses and contaminated areas. These berries are very good at absorbing dirt and heavy metals, and therefore must be collected in clean areas. Before use, the raw material must be carefully sorted out and all crumpled, rotten and diseased berries must be discarded. Otherwise, the whole jar of jam, in which such a copy will fall, may deteriorate.
Separation of the bones is a laborious and time-consuming process. This is usually done with a strainer. You can make hawthorn jam either in its pure form or with the addition of additional ingredients, such as apples or plums.
It is important not just to wash jars for preparation, but to sterilize them. This is done the old fashioned way, over steam, in some cases in an oven or microwave. The same should be done with the lids.
Seedless Hawthorn Jam Recipes
Seedless hawthorn jam is rarely prepared neat. Most often, additional ingredients are added that give a pleasant taste and delicate aroma to the jam. What specific ingredients to use, each housewife decides to her taste.
Hawthorn jam with apples
To make seedless jam with apples, you will need the following ingredients:
- a kilogram of hawthorn;
- 1.45 kg of granulated sugar;
- 350 g sweet and sour apples;
- 600 ml of pure water.
- Sort the berries, remove the stalks and rinse.
- Rinse the apples, cut them into quarters and remove the cores.
- Put the berries in a separate bowl and sprinkle with sugar. Leave in this form for 24 hours.
- After a day, add water to the berries and put on fire.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Then rub the hawthorn through a sieve to get rid of all the seeds.
- Return the resulting puree to the syrup.
- Process the apples in a meat grinder and add to the resulting mass of berries.
- Cook over low heat with constant stirring for 40 minutes, until the product thickens.
Then pour the entire product into jars and roll up. For slow cooling, turn over and wrap with a blanket. After a day, you can lower it into the basement for storage.
Hawthorn jam with gelling sugar
Gelling sugar is great for jam and jam. Pectin was initially added to this product, and therefore the jam is obtained faster with the required density. Sugar of this kind must be purchased in the right concentration. It can be sugar, which must be taken in a ratio of 1: 1, 1: 2 or 1: 3. If the hawthorn is of a high degree of ripeness, then it is recommended to take 3 parts of the fruit for 1 part of sugar.
For 1 kg of hawthorn, you need to take the prescribed amount of sugar, as well as half a liter of water.
The recipe is simple:
- Rinse the berries and put in a saucepan.
- Cover with water and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Strain the hawthorn, keep the broth.
- Grate the berries, adding a decoction.
- Add sugar to the resulting mass and cook over low heat until thickened.
- Add citric acid 5 minutes before cooking.
In order to check the readiness of the product, it must be dripped in a small amount onto a plate. If the jam hardens immediately and quickly, it is ready. Can be put into banks and rolled up.
How to make hawthorn jam with citric acid
To prepare such a delicacy, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 kg of sugar and hawthorn;
- 2 g citric acid;
- half a liter of water.
Instructions for making jam:
- Sort out and rinse the berries.
- Pour in water and cook the hawthorn until soft.
- Strain and rub the berries through a sieve until puree, separating all the seeds and skin.
- Add broth, citric acid, granulated sugar to the puree.
- Cook until the mass thickens to the desired consistency.
- Arrange the jam in sterilized jars and roll up hermetically.
You can store such a blank in a cellar or basement.
Hawthorn and cranberry jam recipe for the winter
If you add northern berries to the recipe, then the jam will acquire a pleasant aftertaste and special aroma.
Ingredients for a winter treat:
- 1 kg of hawthorn;
- a pound of cranberries;
- kilogram of granulated sugar.
Cooking recipe step by step:
- Prepare a syrup from water and granulated sugar.
- Bring the syrup to a boil and add all the berries there.
- Boil for 10 minutes, remove from heat for 5 minutes, and so on three times until thickened.
Pour hot into jars and roll up. Vitamin jam, which will help with colds in winter, is ready.
The benefits and harms of hawthorn jam
Hawthorn is a useful berry for the human body, which should be included in your daily diet. But these fruits have their own contraindications and limitations. You can not get involved in large quantities of jam for those who have low blood pressure. And also hawthorn promotes blood thickening, and therefore it is not recommended to get carried away with this berry for people with thrombophlebitis and varicose veins.
Diabetics should not eat large amounts of jam, since it contains a high amount of sugar, there are restrictions for pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers.
Among the useful properties of hawthorn:
- calms the nervous system;
- normalizes sleep;
- improves digestion;
- prevents epileptic seizures;
- improves blood quality.
Therefore, it is recommended to make jam or hawthorn jam for the winter so that the whole family can get enough vitamins.
A simple hawthorn jelly recipe
You can also make delicious jelly from hawthorn berries for the winter. It will be a unique treat for the whole family.
- 1 kg of berries;
- glass of water;
- granulated sugar by the volume of the resulting juice.
Jelly making process:
- Pour water over the berries.
- Steam until the hawthorn is softer.
- Mash and puree the hawthorn.
- Squeeze the juice out of the puree.
- Weigh the juice and add exactly the same amount of granulated sugar as the juice is.
- Bring the puree and sugar mixture to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour into sterilized containers and roll up hermetically.
Then turn all the cans over and wrap them in a blanket. After a day, take the finished jelly to the basement or cellar, where the delicacy will be stored throughout the winter.
Red hawthorn jelly
The following ingredients are required:
- red hawthorn - 850 grams;
- half a glass of water;
- granulated sugar.
Cooking is simple, as in the previous recipe: steam the berries in water, and then make pitted puree from them. Weigh the puree, add the same amount of granulated sugar and immediately put on fire. Boil the mixture for 15 minutes and then pour into hot and prepared containers. In winter, this jelly will be to the delight of both adults and children.
Gentle hawthorn puree for the winter
There are many options for mashed hawthorn, the recipes for its preparation for the winter are very diverse, each housewife chooses the most suitable for herself.
Ingredients for one of the most common recipes:
- 1 kg of berries;
- 200 g granulated sugar.
The cooking algorithm is not difficult:
- Pour the berry with water so that it slightly covers the hawthorn.
- Put on fire, boil for 20 minutes.
- Let the broth cool slightly.
- Rub the berries through a sieve, separating the seeds.
- Add sugar to the finished puree at the rate of 200 grams per 1 kg of berries.
- Stir and place in hot sterilized jars.
- Close with a tin key.
Such a delicate puree can be used as a separate delicacy or in combination with other desserts.
Hawthorn and black currant puree
An excellent dessert is obtained when the same hawthorn puree is added to a standard blackcurrant puree.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 150 g blackcurrant puree;
- a kilogram of the main berry;
- 1.5 kg of sugar;
- 600 ml of water.
- Sprinkle the berries with sugar (you need 600 g).
- Leave for 24 hours in a dark place.
- Pour in water, add granulated sugar and put on fire.
- Boil, add blackcurrant puree.
- Cook until the whole mixture is thick.
Roll the workpiece into jars and store in a cool dark place.
Fragrant Hawthorn Jam
Seedless hawthorn jam can also decorate any tea party. This dessert is also suitable for use in baked goods or other sweet dishes. Making hawthorn jam for the winter is easy. Ingredients Required:
- 9 kg of berries;
- 3.4 kg of sugar;
- a teaspoon of citric acid;
- 31 glasses of pure water.
According to this recipe, you can prepare hawthorn jam for the winter in this way:
- Wash the berry, sort it out, add water.
- Cook for 20 minutes, drain the broth.
- Rub through a sieve or colander.
- After wiping, boil the waste with the broth, which turned out earlier, for 15 minutes, then strain.
- What happened - combine with mashed potatoes.
- Add sugar in a 1: 1 ratio.
- The mixture should stand overnight, then the granulated sugar will dissolve better.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, over low heat for 2–2.5 hours, until the mixture becomes a thick sour cream consistency.
- While hot, spread in jars and roll up.
From the proposed amount of ingredients, 7.5 liters of hawthorn jam for the winter comes out. The recipe will appeal to all household members, especially children.
How to make hawthorn jam with sea buckthorn
Ingredients for Sea Buckthorn Treats:
- 2 kg of hawthorn and sea buckthorn;
- 2 kg of sugar;
- 2 liters of water.
- Put out the fruits in water.
- Rub them through a sieve.
- Squeeze the sea buckthorn juice and add sugar there.
- Mix everything in one container and cook over low heat until the required thickness.
The jam has a pleasant color and unusual taste. Perfectly strengthens the immune system in the cold, winter period.
Storage rules and periods
Like all preservation, preserves and jams from this berry must be stored in a cool and dark room. A cellar or basement is suitable in a house, and an unheated storage room or balcony in an apartment, where the temperature does not drop below 0 degrees.
It is important that direct sunlight does not fall on conservation. And also in the room where the workpieces are stored there should be no excess moisture and mold.
Subject to the storage rules, the jam can stand successfully all winter and autumn, right up to spring.
Seedless hawthorn jelly is not only delicious, but also very healthy. In winter, such a delicacy will help to avoid vitamin deficiency, maintain normal blood pressure in hypertensive patients and prevent the whole family from getting sick during a cold. It is easy to prepare it, and, like all blanks, it should be stored in a cool place.